In the first NBA game he has ever played for a team other than the Orlando Magic, new Milwaukee Bucks shooting guard J.J. Redick was very impressive, scoring 16 points and handing out seven assists in just over 35 minutes of play. Unfortunately, his Bucks were not as successful, as a baby hook shot by Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford with 5.9 seconds remaining lifted the Hawks past Milwaukee 103-102 on Saturday night at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Redick got some help from his Bucks (26-28) teammates, as Ersan Ilyasova led the squad with 19 points and nine rebounds, while Monta Ellis had 14 points and 10 assists, Larry Sanders notched 12 points and 19 rebounds and Brandon Jennings and John Henson finished with 11 points apiece, with Henson adding six boards.
For Atlanta (31-23), Al Horford registered 23 points and 11 rebounds, Jeff Teague scored 23 points to go with nine assists, Devin Harris had 21 points and Josh Smith tallied 15 points and 13 boards.
Milwaukee outshot the Hawks 41 of 89 (46.1%) to 39 of 91 (42.9%) from the field, but were outshot 14 of 28 (50%) to 4 of 12 (33.3%) from 3-point land. The Bucks pounded Atlanta 58-41 on the glass and held a 40-36 edge on points in the paint.
After winning the first quarter 27-19, Milwaukee was outscored 35-26 in the second quarter. The Bucks took the third period 27-22 before being outscored 27-22 in the fourth.
"I feel like I was brought here to help this team win and secure a good playoff position," Redick said. "I'm a competitor and I certainly didn't want to start off with a loss. We did some good things tonight and I enjoyed playing with this group."
Milwaukee is at Dallas on Tuesday while Atlanta travels to Detroit on Monday.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Check back every day for news, rumors, previews, and recaps about YOUR Orlando Magic!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Orlando Magic Trade J.J. Redick and Two Other Players to Milwaukee Bucks
- J.J. Redick Responds to Being Traded to the Milwaukee Bucks
- Three New Players Debut, but Orlando Magic Lose to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Orlando Magic Fall Just Short in Comeback Attempt Against Milwaukee Bucks
- Game Previews: Orlando Magic at Boston Celtics, Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia 76ers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qft