After first-year Orlando Magic center Nikola Vucevic, who is in his second year in the NBA, was named to the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge about a week and a half ago, Magic fans were rejoicing that they would finally get to see one of their bright young stars gain some national attention. On Sunday, Orlando supporters were given more reason to celebrate when it was announced that rookie forward Andrew Nicholson will replace Detroit Pistons rookie center Andre Drummond on TEAM SHAQ.
Although he will be matched against his fellow Magic big man, who was selected to be on TEAM CHUCK on Thursday, Nicholson had to be thrilled to be named to the game, which takes place on Friday in Houston and will be televised at 9:00 pm on TNT.
The 6-foot-9, 250-pounder has appeared in 47 contests this year, including 13 starts. He is averaging 7.6 points per game and 3.5 rebounds per game in 15.4 minutes per game and is shooting 53.7% from the field.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Check back every day for news, rumors, previews, and recaps about YOUR Orlando Magic!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Orlando Magic Center Nikola Vucevic Makes 2013 BBVA Rising Stars Challenge Team
- Orlando Magic Rookies Gaining Experience Recently
- Preseason Individual Stats Leaders for the Orlando Magic
- Injury-Depleted Orlando Magic Drop 10th Straight Game
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pv3