Although they are currently on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of their overall records, the Los Angeles Clippers and the Orlando Magic are a pair of struggling teams. The Clippers have lost three games in a row and seven of their last nine, while Orlando has dropped 10 consecutive contests and 21 of their last 23. On Wednesday, the Magic host the Clippers at the Amway Center.
Los Angeles (34-16) was upset by Orlando on January 12th when it lost 104-101 after a late 3-pointer by Magic guard J.J. Redick. Blake Griffin scored 30 points, pulled down eight rebounds and dished out seven assists in that defeat, while Jamal Crawford (13 points), DeAndre Jordan (10 points and six rebounds), Chris Paul (10 points and 16 assists), Willie Green (10 points) and Matt Barnes (10 points) all reached double figures in scoring as well.
Arron Afflalo led the Magic (14-34) with 30 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. Redick notched 21 points, Nikola Vucevic totaled18 points and 15 boards and Jameer Nelson scored 11 points to go with nine assists.
"It’s just tough right now because our main scorers and our veteran guys are out right now," Vucevic said following Monday's loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. "But we’re a tough group and we’re going to play hard every night no matter what. We haven’t been winning a lot of games, but we’re playing hard and competing every night. We did that again tonight and hopefully we’ll start getting some wins soon."
Wednesday's game is scheduled for a 7:00 pm tip-off on FS Florida.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Help Orlando Magic guard J.J. Redick make the 3-point shootout at NBA All-Star Weekend by signing the petition at redickforthree.com.
- Check back every day for news, rumors, previews, and recaps about YOUR Orlando Magic!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Orlando Magic End 10-Game Slide with Win Over Los Angeles Clippers
- Game Preview: Orlando Magic at Los Angeles Clippers
- Orlando Magic Halt Losing Streak at Five Games
- Orlando Magic Waste J.J. Redick’s Awesome Performance by Losing to the Detroit Pistons
- Utah Jazz Extend Orlando Magic’s Losing Streak to Two
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pnc