It has been a trying season for the Orlando Magic, specifically over the last month or so. They have dealt with injuries to forward Glen Davis, guard E'Twaun Moore and center Gustavo Ayon while losing 15 of their last 17 games, including a recent 10-game losing streak.
The squad's veterans have had an especially difficult time as they have sought to provide leadership to the younger players despite a 14-28 record that has put the Magic near the bottom of the Eastern Conference.
"I know we had a couple of good runs earlier in the year. I don’t want to say that (the playoffs are) out of reach yet. I’m not ready to stay that. I’m an optimist," Magic guard J.J. Redick said. "We have to win a lot of games and we’ll have to have some other teams falter. "The frustrating part is that’s been right there," Redick went on, referring to the string of close losses, seven of which have been by five points or less. "We’ve lost some games where we haven’t had it and that happens to everybody in this league. But the way that we’re losing games right now, it’s tough."
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Check back every day for news, rumors, previews, and recaps about YOUR Orlando Magic!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- November Individual Stats Leaders for the Orlando Magic
- Game Preview: Chicago Bulls at Orlando Magic
- Game Previews: Golden State Warriors at Orlando Magic, Magic at Charlotte Bobcats, Minnesota Timberwolves at Magic