The Orlando Magic nearly ended 2012 by putting an end to their season-high five-game losing streak. Instead, their string of defeats reached six in a row as they lost to the Miami Heat 112-110 in overtime on Monday night at the Amway Center.
LeBron James was the leading scorer for the Heat (21-8), finishing with 36 points, 11 assists, and eight rebounds, while Chris Bosh had 22 points and Dwyane Wade recorded 21 points and six rebounds. Ray Allen added 17 points off the bench.
Orlando (12-19) got 28 points from Arron Afflalo and 23 points from J.J. Redick. Nikola Vucevic registered 20 points to go with a franchise record 29 rebounds. Josh McRoberts finished with 12 points and six rebounds and Andrew Nicholson had 10 points.
Orlando welcomes Chicago to town on Wednesday. Tip-off is set for 7:00 pm on FS Florida.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Check back every day for news, rumors, previews, and recaps about YOUR Orlando Magic!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Game Previews: Orlando Magic at Washington Wizards, Toronto Raptors at Magic, Miami Heat at Magic
- Orlando Magic Rally Past Boston Celtics, but Fall in Overtime
- Orlando Magic Can’t Knock Off Undefeated New York Knicks
- Balanced Scoring Leads Orlando Magic Past Phoenix Suns
- Toronto Raptors Throttle Orlando Magic 123-88
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/oe2