Since the loss of forward Glen Davis in their last meeting with the Washington Wizards on December 19th, the Orlando Magic have come close every game, but have yet to emerge victorious. Their latest defeat, which was their fourth in a row, came at the hands of the Wizards, who beat them 105-97 on Friday night at the Verizon Center.
Washington (4-23) got 27 points, six rebounds, and six assists from Jordan Crawford, while Nene finished with 23 points and 11 rebounds. Kevin Seraphin (17 points and six rebounds), Garrett Temple (13 points, six rebounds, and six assists), and Bradley Beal (11 points) also registered double digits in points.
For Orlando (12-17), Arron Afflalo had 26 points and J.J. Redick notched 23, while Jameer Nelson tallied 16 points and eight assists. Nikola Vucevic and Gustavo Ayon recorded eight points apiece, with Vucevic adding 11 rebounds and Ayon totaling seven boards.
The Wizards made 42 of 88 (47.7%) shots from the field compared to 39 of 86 (45.3%) for Orlando, while the Magic outshot Washington 10 of 28 (35.7%) to 6 of 20 (30.0%) from behind the arc. The hosts held a 46-38 advantage on points in the paint and a 47-41 edge in rebounding. In addition, they finished with 23 fast break points compared to seven for Orlando.
After being outscored 31-25 in the first quarter, the Wizards beat the Magic 29-20 in the second frame and 26-21 in the third period. The teams tied 25-25 in the fourth quarter.
"Every team in the NBA is capable of scoring," Redick said, "if you don't play D."
Orlando welcomes Toronto to town on Saturday at 7:00 pm on FS Florida.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Check back every day for news, rumors, previews, and recaps about YOUR Orlando Magic!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Minnesota Timberwolves Hand Orlando Magic Second Straight Loss
- Game Previews: Orlando Magic at Washington Wizards, Toronto Raptors at Magic, Miami Heat at Magic
- Orlando Magic Suffer Fourth Straight Defeat
- Game Preview: Washington Wizards at Orlando Magic
- J.J. Redick Leads Orlando Magic to Fourth Consecutive Win
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ob7