Despite capturing their fourth straight victory on Wednesday against the Washington Wizards, the Orlando Magic lost a key part of their team when Glen Davis went down with a separated left shoulder with 47.8 seconds left in the game following a hard foul by Washington's Emeka Okafor.
Although there is no specific date set for Davis' return, he will probably miss four to six weeks, leaving the Magic without their leading scorer.
"After further evaluation by our medical staff, Glen Davis has been diagnosed with a left shoulder sprain," Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan said in a statement on Thursday. "The MRI showed no significant structural damage. He will be treated non-operatively. Treatment will include rest and subsequent strengthening of the muscles around his shoulder. His return will depend on progress made during his rehabilitation."
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Check back every day for news, rumors, previews, and recaps about YOUR Orlando Magic!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Glen Davis, J.J. Redick Lead Orlando Magic to Opening Night Victory
- Orlando Magic Injury Report for November 7th
- Orlando Magic Injury Report for December 11th
- Orlando Magic Injury Report for November 16th
- 2012 Orlando Magic Season Preview: It’s Time to Rebuild
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/o2l