The Charlotte Bobcats were once ahead of the Orlando Magic in the Southeast Division. They were playing extremely well, whereas the Magic seemed to be floundering. That was before the Bobcats endured an 11-game losing streak, the latest defeat coming at the hands of the Magic, who won 107-98 on Saturday night at Time Warner Cable Arena.
"This is a new team and we're still finding each other," Magic forward Glen Davis said. "As a team, we're learning and this was a game where we learned from our past experience."
Orlando (10-13), which has won three of its last four games and is 5-3 in December, received 20 points apiece from Arron Afflalo and Davis, with Afflalo adding six rebounds. Jameer Nelson registered 16 points and six assists, while J.J. Redick had 14 points and Nikola Vucevic tallied 13 points and 13 boards.
The Bobcats (7-16) got 23 points and seven assists from Kemba Walker, 16 points from Gerald Henderson, 14 points from Ramon Sessions, and 12 points from Byron Mullens. Bismack Biyombo totaled eight points, nine rebounds, and three blocks.
Both teams shot rather well, with the Magic making 43 of 79 (54.4%) shots from the field compared to 36 of 78 (46.2%) for Charlotte. The hosts were 4 of 12 (33.3%) from 3-point range, while Orlando was 5 of 17 (29.4%). The Magic held a 43-31 edge in rebounding and a 60-54 advantage on points in the paint.
Orlando jumped out to a 29-21 lead after the first quarter and remained ahead 56-48 at the half. The Bobcats won the third quarter 29-25, but were outscored 26-21 in the fourth.
"Our huddle was composed, the players were composed and I think it showed on the floor," Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said. "It was great to see and great to see the process and our guys improving."
Orlando hosts Minnesota on Monday. The game will be televised at 7:00 pm on FS Florida.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Check back every day for news, rumors, previews, and recaps about YOUR Orlando Magic!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Game Previews: Golden State Warriors at Orlando Magic, Magic at Charlotte Bobcats, Minnesota Timberwolves at Magic
- Chicago Bulls Defeat Orlando Magic 99-93
- Orlando Magic Suffer Fourth Straight Defeat
- Toronto Raptors Defeat Orlando Magic 97-86
- Four Players Score in Double Figures as Orlando Magic Defeat Golden State Warriors
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nxb