The Orlando Magic finally tasted victory again on Friday night, beating the Detroit Pistons 110-106. Unfortunately, their winning streak was short-lived, as they lost for the sixth time in seven games to the Toronto Raptors on Sunday at the Air Canada Centre.
“There's no other way we're going to win if we're not prepared,” Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said. “If we're not ready to play at the start of the game and committed at the start of the game, not waiting till halftime and what happens after, then we won't have a chance.”
Toronto (3-7) was paced by DeMar DeRozan, who had 20 points and nine rebounds. Andrea Bargnani added 17 points, while Amir Johnson recorded 15, Linas Kleiza finished with 12, and Dominic McGuire tallied 11. Jose Calderon registered nine points and 18 assists.
The Raptors outshot Orlando 47.5% (38 of 80) to 40.0% (32 of 80) from the field and 38.9% (7 of 18) to 30.8% (4 of 13) from behind the 3-point line. They forced the Magic into 16 turnovers, totaling 13 points off them, and also held a 38-30 edge on points in the paint.
After being outscored 32-22 in the first quarter, Orlando won the second and third periods 19-17 and 28-18 before allowing Toronto to outscore them 30-17 in the fourth.
“We have to set the tempo at the beginning of the game,” said Davis. “It takes us a while to get into the game. I don't know why we have to be down to get it going, but we've got to find it.”
Orlando is at Atlanta on Monday, with the game scheduled to begin at 7:30 pm on FS Florida.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Game Previews: Orlando Magic at Detroit Pistons, Toronto Raptors, Atlanta Hawks
- Chicago Bulls Defeat Orlando Magic 99-93
- Orlando Magic Suffer Fourth Straight Defeat
- Guard Trio Combines for 61 Points as Orlando Magic Beat Phoenix Suns
- Orlando Magic Can’t Knock Off Undefeated New York Knicks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mxw