I would like to apologize for the lateness of this article as I had planned on writing it last night, but some important things came up. I don’t see myself doing this too often, but with it being the holiday season, I can’t promise that I won’t be forced to stick to a few Quick Hits from time to time.
As most of you probably know by now, the Orlando Magic defeated the Detroit Pistons 110-106 on Friday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills to end their five-game losing streak.
Orlando (3-5) got double-digit points from each of its starters, with J.J. Redick totaling 23 and Arron Afflalo notching 19. Three players recorded double-doubles, including Glen Davis (17 points and 13 rebounds), Nikola Vucevic (11 points and 13 rebounds), and the returning Jameer Nelson (13 points and 10 assists).
For the Pistons (1-9), Greg Monroe (23 points), Tayshaun Prince (18 points), Kyle Singler (14 points), Jason Maxiell (11 points), Brandon Knight (10 points), and Andre Drummond (10 points) all scored in double figures.
Orlando is at Toronto at 1:00 pm on Sunday and at Atlanta at 7:30 pm on Monday. FS Florida will carry both games.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Game Previews: Orlando Magic at Detroit Pistons, Toronto Raptors, Atlanta Hawks
- Chicago Bulls Defeat Orlando Magic 99-93
- Orlando Magic Suffer Fourth Straight Defeat
- Guard Trio Combines for 61 Points as Orlando Magic Beat Phoenix Suns
- Orlando Magic Can’t Knock Off Undefeated New York Knicks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mww