“Getting stops, I think that’s where it starts,” Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said. “I think that helps. It can’t be to the point where we’re letting their offense dictate the entire game. You can play defense every single possession. Doesn’t guarantee that the ball’s going to go in, but it’s a lot harder to score when you have to take it out and their defense is set. So it’s a two-way street when you can defend.”
Andray Blatche had 15 points and nine rebounds for Brooklyn (2-2), which also received 14 points and 10 boards from Brook Lopez. Joe Johnson added 13 points, Deron Williams finished with 12, and Jerry Stackhouse recorded 11.
E’Twaun Moore continued his strong start for Orlando (2-3) with 18 points and five assists in 40 minutes of play, while Arron Afflalo had 12 points and Nikola Vucevic and Andrew Nicholson notched 10 apiece.
The Nets beat the Magic 46-30 on points in the paint and outrebounded Orlando 48-35. They were 41 of 82 (50.0%) from the floor compared to 30 of 70 (42.9%) for the hosts. Brooklyn also made 16 of 25 (64.0%) of their free throws while the Magic were 4 of 8 (50.0%) from the charity stripe.
Brooklyn outscored the Magic in every quarter. The visitors beat Orlando 19-17 in the first period, 31-19 in the second, 25-15 in the third, and 32-17 in the fourth.
“Got a lot to work on, defensively being the main issue,” Afflalo said. “The good thing is we play that team Sunday, so I think it’ll be a great chance for us to see if we can truly learn from tonight and opportunity for Sunday to play that exact team on their floor I think will be a great thing for us.”
Sunday’s game in Brooklyn is scheduled for a 3:00 pm tip-off on FS Florida.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Game Preview: Brooklyn Nets at Orlando Magic
- Chicago Bulls Defeat Orlando Magic 99-93
- Minnesota Timberwolves Hand Orlando Magic Second Straight Loss
- Guard Trio Combines for 61 Points as Orlando Magic Beat Phoenix Suns
- Game Previews: Orlando Magic at Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mm2