Following a 102-89 Opening Night win over the Denver Nuggets on Friday at the Amway Center, the Orlando Magic will host the Phoenix Suns on Sunday in their second consecutive home game to begin the season.
The Suns (1-1) defeated the Detroit Pistons 92-89 on Friday for their first victory of the campaign and will look to stop Orlando’s winning streak while continuing their own.
Goran Dragic is leading Phoenix at 16.0 points per game, while Luis Scola (14.0 PPG), Marcin Gortat (13.0 PPG), Michael Beasley (12.0 PPG), and Shannon Brown (11.0 PPG) are also averaging double figures.
Davis and Redick will likely continue to be two of Orlando’s most potent scorers. Magic head coach Jacque Vaughn, who earned his first victory in his head coaching debut, spoke highly of Redick after the win over Denver:
"He commanded attention, he’s a willing passer, but he can score the basketball for us also. And that’s a good combination. He’s been great from day one. His approach is so professional in practice. I enjoy just seeing him work out. I enjoy his approach every day. He’s one of the best since I’ve been around."
The game will be televised on FS Florida and is slated to begin at 6:00 pm.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter.
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Game Preview: Denver Nuggets at Orlando Magic
- Glen Davis, J.J. Redick Lead Orlando Magic to Opening Night Victory
- Preseason Individual Stats Leaders for the Orlando Magic
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mdj